About Angel

March 11, 2009

Prayer meeting

For this reason, since the day we heard bout you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of His will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please Him in every way -Colossions 1:9-


What is prayer? The simple answer is this: prayer is talking with God. We pray when we open our heart to God.

As simple as this is, it is also something people need to hear. Too many people feel that prayer is a certain sound...shakespeare's English, rich in theological theminology very often spoken VERY loudly. Others feel prayer is something that takes place in a certain place or with a certain posture. But none of those things are requirements for true prayer. In fact, you can sound holy but not be doing anything other than talking to yourself.

Let me share to you a story of a girl who met Christ after many years in the world. After her conversation, she went to her first prayer meeting. Everyone was getting up and uttering their bombastic flowery showy prayers. Finally, this girl stood to pray and said, "God, this is Amy(the original name is kept anonymous). I'm not sure if You remember me or not...but I met You last Sunday. I just wanna say.... erm.. well... Thank-you for changing my life". And she sat down. The simplicity and honesty of that prayer brought tears to the ones next to her. I suspect it brought a smile to the face of the Father, as well. Prayer just need to be honest, humble and personal. How hard can that be? =)

A friend once quoted, "Stop telling me how much you need God until I see you at the prayer meeting". That simple sentence changes my life. My church have prayer meetings at 830pm every Wednesday, I try not to miss it. Reason being Wednesday prayer meeting determines the flow on Sunday service. Wednesday prayer meeting determines the whole week's uptight busy "no-time" schedule that we all have, that I have. Wednesday prayer meeting determines a commitment to put aside that moment just for Him. Wednesday prayer meeting determines a unity, a quick-healing prayer, a proclaiming for the nation and prophetic words. Wednesday prayer meeting cools you down and bring you to a smiling rest of the week. I always tell my friend, "Die die also I'll come for prayer meeting!". Yup, that's one promise I made and am giving my best not to break that promise.

Today is Wednesday, my question to you, Are you coming for prayer meeting tonight?

No comments: