About Angel

September 19, 2010

Changing Seasons

I never experience a real changing season. Yet, though I live in Malaysia, a country that is not 4-seasons, I felt I am going through it. As much as many would think of that season changes are not really good but there's just something the promise of a new season I can't help but find joy in. By the time one season starts to give way to another, I am weary of the old and looking forward to embracing the new.

I am at that place in my life right now - an old season is winding down and a new one is beginning. I am excited to see the new one develop, even though I am more than a little sad at saying good bye to this current one.

Part of what is making saying goodbye difficult is it involves what I thought has been my calling for the past few years. The other day as I was working, I realized I had made a bit of a mistake that is likely fairly common for most of us Christians.

I had mistaken my assignment for my calling. The truth is we all have the same calling - to fully surrender ourselves to God. But our assignments vary in the tasks we are given to do and the length of time we are allotted to do them.

I was so relieved when I knew about this - I had been struggling over whether I was in the situation correctly or just succumbing to my emotions. But then I was reminded of other times in my life when I have finished one assignment and moved on to a new one. Each task He has given me has not only been for the benefit of those He has had me serve, but also for my own as I grow and mature in my faith in Him.

I suppose that is another reason why I've had such a hard time with this season ending - during the past few years I have gone from practically ignoring God to not being able to get enough of Him. But again He reminds me that He's not going anywhere - He just has something else for me to do now!

I know right about now you are wondering what am I writing about? Well, I am going through a changing season and I do not know whether am I going to get through this season but I know God is there with me. Pray with me, I need it. Am beginning to feel the change...but only one thing left to end the current season, my last step to my first step into the new season. The question is, am I willing to take this new season? God, guide me. Amen.

No comments: