Which one? What do you want? When will you decide? Where will it be? Some questions are really subjective. It is either you know the answer or you don't know at all. When you reach a certain point in your life, what, where, how, which road will you take? How would you know that your decision is right before God? How sure are you that people around will be able to accept it? Will it affect those closer to you? It is either this or that, not many choices, only two. Two roads diverged, you standing there, at the crossroad, which one will you take? I love this poem by Robert Frost, "The road not taken", it is just suitable at this moment now...Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
-Robert Frost, 1920-
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
-Robert Frost, 1920-
Nice isn't it? Right this moment, last year, last last year, I have decided to take the road less traveled by. One road that hardly in my circle of friends will dream about. I dream about it. I dreamt it. This has always been my desire, the closer I have a hope in it, the harder and harsher the bang was in and on to me. But yet I have made this decision and I really hope to walk on it instead of floating now. Because of this, many things happened and here comes another area that I come to a diverged road again. Which one? I don't know which is the right one for me. And here I uphold it to Him in prayer and petition. Phil 4: 6-7 says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God". I'm glad with my first decision and my decision now remains. I'm taking the road less traveled by, it'll make difference in my life but this is the road that I take, the road that carries the cross.
No comments:
Post a Comment