16/12/15 11:30 p.m.: Thoughts running in my head.
Who am I to hang out with for the next three days? I am all alone. There are other twelve year olds but they are boys, and I’m a girl. The ONLY girl. Have I got and packed everything? Did I remember to bring the mosquito repellent? Yes I did. Did I remember to bring toothpaste? Oh I did too. Did I remember to prepare my “guardian angel” game gift? Wait, what am I to give my “sheep”? I don’t even know who he/she is. There’s Oreo downstairs, I can give that. Will remember to take it with me tomorrow.
Now I can sleep.
What if nobody talk to me? What if the older youths have no patience with me? What if they want us to get into the swimming pool. I can’t swim. Okay, I’m freaking out now. Who can I go to? Which youth leader am I closer to? Wait, WHO ARE THE YOUTH LEADERS? That big huge guy? He’s scary. The tall guy? I don’t get it what he says. I can go find the youth girls. My teacher in children church! I’m sure they’ll help me. Or what if they are a total different person?
STOP IT! Stop thinking nonsense. Just go to sleep.
Which group would I be in? I pray God have mercy on me. Please don’t let my team members be the weird group that loses in every single game. Games, games, games. I hope I can play all those games. It wouldn’t be that hard right? God, help me. I wonder who the teachers are. Wait, I heard there is only a speaker. I hope the speaker speaks in a lingo that I could actually understand. What if I don’t understand? Holy Spirit, teach and guide me.
Okay. I need to sleep.
Maybe I should just pray. Mummy says praying can give peace. I need that now.
Father God, HELP ME! I’m freaking out for youth camp tomorrow. It is my first youth camp you see, and I’m excited as well as I’m scared. I got no friends that can be with me, no one I can sit with and I have no idea what to expect. Please help me enjoy myself like what mummy and daddy say I would. I pray that my first youth camp will be one for the books. Please help me make friends and or at least have people talking to me and not leaving me behind like I’m invisible. I pray the bed is good. I pray the food is edible. I pray the toilet is clean and with hot water. I pray I stay awake and be able to understand what the speaker speaks about. Most importantly, Father God, I pray I know You more in this camp. And p/s, help me to sleep now. In Jesus name, Amen.
It is the night before my very first youth camp. Goodnight!
17/12/15 8:30 a.m.: Today, Day 1!

No comments:
Post a Comment