"Why the creature has four heads?" A asked. I knew questions will come from E & A when I decided to listen to the audio Bible during their 30-mins car ride to school.
Do I choose to avoid or ignore their questions? No! How could I? They too listen to what I'm listening and want to know what I'm learning from it. So, how could I put away their questions? I do not want to paint a picture into their lives that the only place they can know about God can only be on Sunday and from the church. The fact is: The first church is at home, and the first pastors are their parents (in this case, me as their family member - YiYi).
I worked to create (prayerfully) good services for the kids' ministry, and that is incredibly valuable. But if what happens inside church does not happen in the home, it is not a lifestyle, and the kids are at risk of believing Christianity is event based!
Thus, the important truth: Parents/Spiritual Parents like me have to intentionally teach our kids about spiritual things. We can't leave it just by bringing our kids to church and expect our kids' ministers to perform miracles that automatically change and transform our kids during the 1.5 hour that they have weekly. It must begin at home! We have the power to set an atmosphere that we want to have in our home. If we want God inside our home, we have to intentionally cultivate and create atmospheres that helps us (and our kids) see God and His work everywhere.
And while I decided to tune in to the audio Bible instead of the radio channels, whoever sits in my drives enters into the atmosphere I have created. How we set our atmosphere in our lives determines how much God can be involving in our lives as well. We need to daily invite Him to renew our minds to fully grasp the power He has given us to intentionally set the atmosphere we desire in our home/workplace/school/etc.
The 30-mins ride daily with E & A have gotten me to choose and set the atmosphere that I want to have. I don't want them to just read the Bible when they are in church. I don't want them to just have a touch-based relationship with our Father. I want them to discover that God speaks to us wherever we are and God is working in our lives all the time. We just need to have the eyes and ears to see and hear Him. And because I can choose and create my atmosphere, it doesn't matter what is around me; my atmosphere can stay unchanged even when different atmosphere comes near me. Yes, by listening to the audio Bible, I will face questions from E & A, their curiosity brings about questions that is beyond my wildest imagination, but hey, how often these days do we have kids desiring God and His Word?
By that, we can know this one good news: When we create Godly atmospheres for our kids, when we intentionally relate our kids to see God in every possible way; our kids will be world changers! The time will come as we disciple them to create their own atmosphere and see God in their lives, they'll then begin to impact and influence their home/workplace/school/etc and the world around them in their own unique and powerful ways!
Now, that is an awesome Amen!

No comments:
Post a Comment